Friday 28 February 2014

Radio Friday: That South Sound Sound

These last few weeks have seen me chained to my desk running through endless data-sets to assemble a report.  I'm not doing anything complicated; the problem is simply one of scale.

That means I need a soundtrack to keep me awake whilst I shovel categorical variables into tables, and British Sea Power were kind enough to provide it.



BSP haven't impressed me at all with their studio albums since 2005's Open Season,  but the soundtrack they put together for the 1934 film Man of Aran is absolutely gorgeous; all melancholy violin and piano, with the sea surrounding it all.  I shall have to take it up with me the next time I haunt an island to see how well it works as a backdrop.  I can't promise it won't persuade me to never come back...

No comments: