Shamelessly "liberated" from a local pub quiz, I really rather liked this round and so figured I'd give it a... well, not a wider audience, obviously, but a different one at least.
For the first ten questions, there are two six-letter word answers, with the second answer only one letter different from the first. For example:
Combat teams fight against underwater ink-squirters: Squads - Squids.
For the last five questions, instead of changing a letter for the second answer, add one instead.
- Courteous detectives, perhaps? Polite - Police (Tomsk)
- Think about food then add condiments Reason - Season (Tomsk)
- Take a fall during a gang-fight Tumble - Rumble (Dan)
- A psychiatrist finds themselves in a holy place Shrink - Shrine (Tomsk)
- Lose your nerve before a big fight Bottle - Battle (Pause)
- Give an ant a disease Infect - Insect (Pause)
- An Eastern ruler with a healthy glow Sultan - Suntan (Moddey_Dhoo)
- Feel a bit shook up about having a black eye Shiver - Shiner (anonymous)
- Got into a scrap about nothing at all Fought - Nought (Moddey_Dhoo)
- Haggle over price with an ex-US President Barter - Carter (Moddey_Dhoo)
- Put into some kind of order, than blew a fuse Sorted - Shorted (Pause)
- When given a faint colouring, went off Tinted - Tainted (Pause)
- Product protection for someone in a ward perhaps Patent - Patient (Dan)
- Annoy the riverbank sportsmen Angers - Anglers (Pause)
- Relish a sharp tingly sensation Pickle - Prickle (Pause)