Friday 22 December 2023

Friday 40K: The Best I Can Do

The second half of this year has been absolutely miserable for painting, lads. I've averaged one miniature a month, all of them from my oldest two armies, meaning the colour schemes on them are extremely limited. Here, for the sake of contractual obligation, are two Dark Angels Tactical Marines.


Technically painted, I'm sure we can all agree. Fun fact, I only had these on my paint station because I needed them to make my army codex compliant for 9th Edition. By the time I'd finished them, we were on to 10th Ed, and a whole new set of ways in which what I have isn't fully usable. I've dutifully started a Dark Angels Ancient (current name: Old Steven), but I can't imagine being very far along with him at all before the new codex means another set of bullshit changes.

Also complete is the only unit I both started and finished this year: four bases of 'Nid Rippers.


So tiny! So bitey! They'll nom your world because there's, like, LOADS of them.

Two marines; twenty rippers. But which is best? There's only one way to tell! FIGHT!


(Ah, actually I'm being told you can also tell who's best through a series of "point scores" through which all models in Warhammer 40,000 can be compared. Ludicrous.)

No comments: