Tuesday 9 September 2008

Radio Ljubljana

With my interesting topics quotient at an all time low, I figured I'd cunningly keep up traffic with some of the awesome music I've been unearthing on Youtube. We begin with a live cover of Woody Guthrie/Jeff Tweedy's "At My Window Sad And Lonely". Tragically neither this breathtaking version nor the original is available from iTunes. There is a Wilco cover I could get, but it's rubbish.



Note to Wilco: adding drums to this is musical heresy.

h/t to whoever was responsible for selecting the soundtrack to The Strangers, which in addition to being a nice little movie of the kind I like (i.e. remorseless, inexplicable horror) had some pretty impressive tunes, this being the best.

(Oh, and this completely off-topic, but already three people have coming looking for my host since he left for the afternoon, and every single one of them slid effortlessly into perfect English the moment they realised I was an uncouth foreigner. I can't think of a nicer place to be spending my exile).

No comments: