Thursday 5 May 2011

3(X+2Y) = You Racist Fuck

I wasn't going to post anything on the finding and killing of Osama Bin Laden.  There's a lot of very interesting and complicated issues thrown up by what has happened, and I'm not really inclined to go through the necessary reading and consideration to decide as to whether or not I should be glad the world is rid of him.

However, there is one thing I think we can all agree on: FUCK THIS GUY.
A ninth grade algebra teacher was suspended from a Texas school district after making offensive comments to a Muslim student in front of the entire class.
“The teacher told the student that ‘I bet you’re grieving,’” the mother of a student in the same class told ABC13. “And she basically looked at him and said what are you talking about? And he said I heard about your uncle’s death and she said wow, because she understood that he was referring about Osama bin Laden being killed and was racially profiling her.”
She added that the teacher “just kind of smirked and giggled and walked away” after the Muslim student ended up crying over the comments.
On behalf of maths teachers everywhere, I'd like to apologise, and point out we're not all like that.  A lot of us are just hollow emotionless shells.

(h/t ABL)

No comments: