Friday 29 October 2010

Radio Fridays: JEW

Grabbed myself a copy of the new Jimmy Eat World album on Wednesday, and so far I'm really enjoying it.  A lot of it sounds close in approach to "Closer", the stand-out song from the Stay On My Side Tonight EP, and demonstrates that their sound is getting more mature with each release, without them totally losing sight of what made them great in the first place. JEW was one of those bands that I figured I might grow out of when I got into my thirties, but so far they're holding their own.

I don't think the lead single is too representative, though; it's far from the best song on there, and also the video is the twisted bastard lovechild of Lady Gaga and Blake's 7, with '70s era Top of the Pops as it's crazy uncle.  Listen to this instead, an acoustic version of the first song on the album: "Heart Is Hard To Find".



Oh, and since I mentioned it, and because it's a truly brilliant song:

No comments: