No idea whether this will work, but I figure it's worth a go. This time round I'm not putting them in any order, but once again no artist appears more than once.
1. "When YLOYS" YLTT - JB - ROE "When you look over your shoulder" Running on Empty - Jackson Browne - Running on Empty (Mozz/BigHead/lyndagb)
2. "Can YHTWITTF" NE - I - MAW "Can you hear the worlds I'm trying to find" No Emotion - Idlewild - Make Another World (Jamie/lyndagb)
3. "A GPWC" FPT - R - TB "A green plastic watering can" Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead - The Bends (edenspresence/Jamie)
4. "I DKIIT" A - MSP - EMG "I don't know if I'm tired" Australia - Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go (Mozz)
5. "As IWGOTCAKM" WITJ - M - GI "As I was going over the Cork and Kerry mountains" Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica - Garage, Inc. (BigHead)
6. "The KADUABNH" CFTC - E - ESB "The kids are digging up a brand new hole" Cancer for the Cure - Eels - Electro-Shock Blues (edenspresence)
7. "Crazy BI
8. "We SSAOI" NDL - S - ATW "We should stay and order in" No Deliveries List - Styrofoam - A Thousand Words (BigHead)
9. "Everybody HCFS" SS - R - A "Everybody here comes from somewhere" Supernatural Superserious - REM - Accelerate (Jamie)
10. "We NV (O)" V - BN - D "We need vices (oh)" Vices - Brand New - Daisy (James)
11. "I GSBI" U - RA&TC - I/I "I get some bad ideas" Users - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - III/IV (Mozz)
12. "I SMTS" SD - J - GM "I sing myself to sleep" Sit Down - James - Gold Mother (Mozz)
13. "I WALOAND" ISWM - B&S - DCW "I wrote a letter on a nothing day" If She Wants Me - Belle & Sebastian - Dear Catastrophe Waitress (Mozz)
14. "You WLATB" SD - AT - AT "You were like a toilet bowl" Sundials - Alkaline Trio - Alkaline Trio (Mozz)
15. "Sail LOW" SK - TC - TC "Sail lightly on winds" Skeleton Key - The Coral - The Coral (James)
16. "Meet HBTR" SD - B - S "Meet him by the road" Slow Dog - Belly - Star (James)
17. "Elysium, IECAYC" E - M - W "Elysium, is everyone chipping at your cordiality?" Elysium - Madness - Wonderful (edenspresence)
18. "Woke UITT" PJ - THS - AKM "Woke up in the twenties" Positive Jam - The Hold Steady - Almost Killed Me (edenspresence/Kirsty)
19. "Hey MYKIRO" BH - TO - S "Hey man you know I'm really okay" Bad Habit - The Offspring - Smash (BigHead)
20. "Listen HN" LPM - SS - DHM "Listen here, now" Last Po' Man - Seasick Steve - Dog House Music (James)
21. "You CMTYA" WAYF - TP - S "You consider me the young apprentice" Wrapped Around Your Finger - The Police - Sychronicity (edenspresence/Mozz)
22. "Someone TMW" TF - GBV - DTC "Someone tell me why" Teenage FBI - Guided By Voices - Do The Collapse (Mozz)
23. "Summer HCAP" WMUWSE - GD - AI "Summer has come and passed" Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day - American Idiot (edenspresence)
24. "I WSPTTW" IBTGTM - SP - EO "I wanted something that's purer than the water" It's Beginning To Get To Me - Snow Patrol - Eyes Open - Mozz
25. "I WAFTSSC" TU - TBS - WYWTB "I wait around for the still small center" The Union - Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be (Kirsty)
We got fifteen American artists, five English, three (predominantly) Scottish, one Welsh, and one Belgian. Two solo artists (arguably three), the rest are at least nominally bands. One song is a cover.
Update: 38 down already! Much respect to edenspresence, Mozz and BigHead (who also gets an award for coolest comment). Just so everyone knows, it's more than fine to finish off a partial answer. It shouldn't be too hard I'd think, for example, for someone to work out which song from the Foo's In Your Honor #7 is, its two discs notwithstanding. Plenty of first lines from identified songs up there as well.
Update II: 49! One more to get halfway, with some low-hanging fruit still to be picked! No-one knows the track list from Eyes Open? Or Make Another World, now?
Update III: Up to 62 now, and thanks to BigHead, there's plenty more partial answers and (in the comments) possible hints and clues. There are at least seven more points that shouldn't be much of a problem.
Update IV: 75%. Boom.