Friday 18 December 2009

Friday Comedy: Dylan Moran

I'm caught in this horrible loop right now where I'm too discouraged to talk about healthcare but I can't bring myself to concentrate on anything else. It's not a lot of fun.

Still, it's Friday, which means I get to put someone else's work up instead. And it's even linked to American politics, to some extent. Everyone wins.



Moran's new DVD is well worth it, by the way. Or at least, it should be. I've not seen it, so it's possible he was having an off-night during shooting, but I caught the live show in Newcastle and thought it was brilliant, even if I don't think a stand-up comedian should be allowed to eat a packet of Chewits during their set. A glass of red wine works as an appropriate prop; chewy strawberry sweets makes it look like he doesn't care whether or not his sentences are recognisable as English.

No comments: