Wednesday 2 December 2009

Shake #30

Today's shake: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Taste: 5
Texture: 6
Synergy: 5
Scorn: 6
Total Score: 5

General Comments: Since edenspresence seemed entirely incapable of shutting up about it, I have finally bowed to pressure and tried a milkshake infused with RPBC (which brilliantly sounds like a underground political movement in Communist China).

I am a big enough man to admit that I fervently hoped the shake would be terrible (even if Chuck has previously forced me to confess that the RPBC itself is oddly satisfying), so as to mock edenspresence and his feeble tasting skills. Tragically, this was not possible. It's not a particularly good shake, certainly, but it can reasonably be described as adequate. My rage was not inflamed at any point, which isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. The crunchy remains of the peanuts added an extra bit of texture, and it managed to not stick to the roof of my mouth as I had originally feared.

Overall, I won't be trying it again, but nor did I feel like I had been robbed of £2.60. The esteemed Mr Presence can rest easy in the knowledge that this experience has revealed him as simply misguided, rather than actually evil.

2 comments:

John Rhodes said...

Overall, I disagree with SpaceSquid, but nor do I feel like I have been entirely misrepresented. The esteemed Mr Squid can rest easy in the knowledge that this experience has revealed him as simply misguided, rather than actually evil.

SpaceSquid said...

I think the "evil reveal" came a while back, but I realise that you're new here.