Tuesday 8 July 2008

The Quality Of His Enemies

I found this in my inbox this morning. I really shouldn't wind people up over in the Youtube comments, fun though it is.

look just because i have a feeling and i dont waste the tme to use punctuation or spell doesnt mean i need education from the likes of you your just some little faggot from nowhereville thinking you can be all big and bad cause no one can see your fat ass get of the fucking office chair and do something useful i hate democrats because you are against war and for freedom you can only have freedom with war and im proud of serving my country so shut the fuck up you racist liberal baby killer

Any time I'm feeling down on myself, I can read this to remind me that it could be so, so much worse.

On the other hand, he does seem to have done scarily well at working out what kind of a person I am. Not only did I write the comment in an office, as he so correctly surmises, but just yesterday I did in fact kill a baby. In my defence, the baby was being kind of a dick. [1]

[1] This joke copyright of Penny Arcade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really see what difference the colour of the baby makes, though. Indeed, had it been old enough to speak I don't doubt you would have rebuffed its death-rattle-laden cries of "you're only doing this because I'm black" with a disbelieving laugh, before casually delivering the final blows while insisting that "no, I'm only doing this because you're being kind of a dick." Proficient psychological profiler or not, he loses points for that one.

SpaceSquid said...

It was on the "I'm Voting Republican" video, which is a harmless enough rebuttal of the GOP's recent policies. It's not particularly witty, or anything, but its heart's in the right place.

Of course, this just led to a slew of poorly-spelled punctuation-free flames by Republican voters. This guy was one of the worst.

I can't even remember exactly what I said, to be honest, but I do remember pointing out his somewhat imperfect grasp of the English language. I tried to check yesterday, but that video gets so many hits my comment is lost in the pile, and this chap, fascinating a conversationalist though he clearly is, didn't seem worth the bother of continued mockery.