Thursday 6 December 2012

A Tale Of Cocktails #33

Metropolitan
.
Ingredients
.
1 1/2 oz vokda
1 1/2 oz Chambord
1 1/2 oz cranberry juice
1 1/2 oz orange juice
2 cranberries
lemon wedge
caster sugar
.
Taste: 4
Look: 8        
Cost: 8  
Name: 9
Prep: 7
Alcohol: 4
Overall: 6.4

Preparation: Run the lemon wedge around the edge of the glass and then frost with caster sugar.  Shake ingredients with ice.  Strain, garnish with cranberries, and serve.
 .
General Comments: Man, that's a lot of trouble to go to to get a drink that tastes like muddy orange juice.  It doesn't help that I don't like vodka, but the real issue here is that both the Chambord (ounce for ounce the most expensive ingredient I've used yet) and the cranberry are buried far too low in the mix.  This is basically an expensive screwdriver with some weird, unidentifiable twist.

Looks great, though (if you ignore the crap in the edges of that photo; the Other Half and I don't have much in the way of free space right now), and even given my allergy to DC I have to admit the name rocks.  I shall have to try this again with less vodka.  Or possibly with gin.  You can't go wrong with gin.

No comments: