Monday 29 June 2009

Five Things I Learned In Sheffield

1. Woo Woo and cider is surprisingly palatable.
2. The previous point can be immediately disregarded since I'm pretty sure I'd drink Woo Woo if it were mixed with meths-addled hobo piss.
3. "Hobo Piss" is a cocktail name just waiting for a recipe (we removed "meths-addled" from the name; people are unlikely to be offered a Hobo's Piss in a pub and ask "What type of hobo?").
4. The world's foremost science fiction experts predict that Steven Moffat will continue RTD's habit of confusing aliens with people with animal heads, although this time he will use tapirs since "they look more Scottish".
5. I am now apparently almost entirely immune to hangovers. This is good news in the short term, but I think I can hear my liver crying as I write this.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

13 comments:

Dan Edmunds said...

Possibly a question I will regret asking – But what is Woo Woo? To me that is simply the noise a train makes.

SpaceSquid said...

Vodka, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice. Tradition demands that one makes a train noise before starting a fresh pitcher.

Dan Edmunds said...

A approve of the tradition. Not 100% sold on the drink combination though….

SpaceSquid said...

I will share a pitcher with you in a fortnight, and demonstrate its undeniable awesomeness.

Mozz said...

6. Beer nipples are the future.
7. The Rebel Alliance were piss poor strategists.
8. Combining extremely drunk girls and lightsabers is a disaster waiting to happen.
9. If a cocktail isn't advertised on the menu, it's BECAUSE IT'S SHIT.
10. We all rock.

SpaceSquid said...

I heartily endorse these additions to the list.

Dan Edmunds said...

Sounds like a plan. The main thing is I can not recall if I like Cranbury Juice or not. It’s certainly not something I usually partake…

SpaceSquid said...

The main problem is that it stains your vomit red. Which immediately begs the question: are you staying at our place?

Dan Edmunds said...

Don't actually know. I know *don't know what name they go under on this blog - but you can probably work it out* has offered her spare room, and I suspect that would probably be easiest on at least the Friday night due to the train from Newcastle. But I have no definitive plans what so ever. I'm just planning to turn up, drink some booze, watch some films, and sleep wherever peoples good grace allows me.

SpaceSquid said...

I don't think I've ever given her a name. You are of course welcome on our sofa, but I will understand if the thrill of having an actual bed wins out.

Dan Edmunds said...

I suspect a policy of nomadic migration may well be in order. I don’t feel like I’ve actually been to the North East unless:

a) I’ve seen Durham Cathedral
b) I’ve made yet another stab at figuring out the most comfortable way of sleeping on your couch. (My last attempt seemed quite successful – although this did involve me removing the “essence” of the sofa.

SpaceSquid said...

I don't really want to know what you found whilst digging around down there...

jamie said...

Glad you had a good time dude. I'll have to make it to one of these things at some point...