Monday 15 June 2009

Memorial


Following a horrible accident yesterday afternoon, we've had to put one of our dogs down this morning.

Josh was only our second ever dog (our first, Storm, is mercifully still going strong), so there's not a lot to compare him to. He was more boisterous than his older sister, and harder to handle, but that same troublesome streak made him far more obvious in his affections as well. I spent Friday and most of Saturday at my parents house, trying to recover from the gribbles, and Josh sat by my side the whole time. Losing him so suddenly is a terrible blow.

3 comments:

Dan Edmunds said...

Sorry man.

Pause said...

Dude, you have my sympathies. I think losing a pet is just about the most painful thing after losing a loved family member - because of course they are loved family members.

I too once lost one shortly after she'd kept me company whilst I was thoroughly ill, and I know it adds an unpleasant extra taint to proceedings. But eventually you'll be able to latch on to that memory and think of that shared time with fondness as well as the inevitable sadness it brings. Or I hope so, anyway.

jamie said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. You have my utmost sympathies. My family has had numerous pets die over the years, but mercifully none of them were as the result of an accident, so I'm sorry you've had to go through that. I'm also sorry I never got to meet Josh.

All the best, and take care.