1. The Sheffield Space Centre is a geek shop, not an attempt to put the first Yorkshire man into orbit as I had hoped. Not that he would appreciate it anyway, beyond the fact that there would be no reason for him to have to reach for his wallet once he left the troposphere.
2. Certain eating establishments in Sheffield are following Goth Dave's Girls 'n' Noodles principle; the worse your food, the hotter those serving you have to be. This is actually a fairly useful relation. I wouldn't want to use this blog to objectify women, but I can just tell you that my fish and chips tasted of washing-up liquid and you can then apply the law of inverse proportionality.
3. Women wearing leopard-print jackets and sunglasses at night should not be approached, or even acknowledged in bars, no matter how loud their theatrical sighing becomes.
4. Trams are cool. We need more trams.
5. Contra Ibb (amongst others) it is entirely possible to meet people you have only previously known over the internet and them not turn out to be bastards, or try to kidnap you, or all have to sit around in silence because no-one can type the relevant smilies.